Thursday, August 17, 2006

Southern Bell , trip to town


Yesterdays trip to town was an enjoyment , Getting out of the house is a lovely thing, We had things to do, a nice short list, we needed to make a stop at the insurance place, stop and get a comprressor and then we were to stop at the new restaurant in town ,"The SOUTHERN BELL" It had just opened up last Tuesday and the parking lot had been full for the few times we had made any trips to town, And now we were to expreince this wonderful place. The building had been empty since we both moved down here , and often my husband and I thought we would have liked to open such a place our self, wishes, a dream., never making an effort to take a step towards it, believeing we had not the funds nor talents to open up our own restaurant. And so I like to think , this was meant to be, I mean as we sat down to order our meal, the place we lovely , and well kept , and our meal, Husband had the breakfast, as I had "it was closer to noon ", had the luncheon special, the roast beef, it melt in my mouth, even though I would have wanted it to come to the table a lot hotter then it was, in all we both felt this place was meant to be here, I am not saying that we couldn't have down the same thing , cooking up get things like they had, just that we couldn't make up our mind about it , and I do believe they were meant to have or be there then it was for us to start one. So our day out was a grand one, returning home to start mowing the long grass, and the husband to figure out the very hard labor to the down running rider mower, He is so furstared that he can't get it to work after replacing the part that needed to be replace, The blades seem to be to low to the ground, and after reading the manual he still can't get them balanced, In the end we are both thinking that maybe we can find someone to do it for us , Yet with money as tight as it is we both work at doing it our self, So I set out to mow the lawn with the push mower, oh what a chore,With Asthma as bad as it is, and his back, I push myself to get the whole yard done yesterday, taking many breaks, realizing I am no longer a young woman, And he realizing how much of a partner and wife I am , He tells me, " he knows of no woman to do what I do " and I can sense he feels less of a man so how , I tell him, that we balance out , Gods plan , He works on the rider mower, KNOWING I COULD NEVER FIGURE OUT THAT ! and I to push the lawn mower until it is , He tries , and I can see his back pain, and I would rather I do that then see him sufffer, THat is love, THAt is GOd so what more is there to say, But I can't wait to have company to take them to the SOUTHERN BELL, Just so they could enjoy a grand meal. I just hope by the time I have company , It will still taste as good, Moving here, I have found not just good cooking, but I have found spiriual meaning in everything we both do, My path is well lite and I am set to exprience more,

No comments: