Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fred the my stick bug


I would like for you to meet my new friend! He was found on the side of the house. My first stick bug. my very own, Now, how lucky could I get!? I don't remember ever seeing one of these back in Michigan , Nature sometimes just wasn't something I looked for, after a long day at work. And if it did make me stop in my tracks . Then I figure it was Gods way to make me slow down. But here , Time is all I have and the wonder of life is something I marvel at. At the time .I didn't take a picture of our friend the bat , which was hanging under our porch. I of course was ready to get the broom and shush it off . Put it was pointed out to me that this bat would eat the over amount of moths that seem to harbor under our porch light. He to was a sight I never seen before. I heard many talk about bats but never actually seen one. And this one was up close. It was with in minutes or maybe seconds that the bat was gone . Just as our stick bug was. As Hubby and I started our day off to the appointment set for the V.A. hospital.This is country. The many moments like this. Once I decided to clean out the shed. This meant the many Totes that we had. I was going to have a yard sale , and I wanted to see what items I was going to let go . How these little critters got into our totes was beyound my logic mind. But within three of these totes field mice had found thier way in . Two of them had lost their life, taking that hidden hole in which they inntered. number three In fact one was still alive. In which I had to ask it to leave. It didn't take much for it to up and ran. I would see it peaking around the wooden beams . I also came across a mother and her many babies in the barn. I was there to get the rider mower . She took off so fast that one of the little ones fall in the path of the mower's wheels . Luckly I had my garden gloves. I picked it , or was that? pushed it away from the wheel. what ever it was, I didn't want to kill it. Living here is something to exprience. I have even seen the many trutles walking across our highway. And I mean watched them, as I prayed that no one hit it, hurrying it across with my silent wish, That it make it across without a tire rolling over it. I thought of stopping , but with my husband reminding me that it could be a snapping trutle, I have yet to be brave enough to do just that . In fact the deer are coming out. One was spotted across our pasture. This one was the closet yet to our land. My lisit of what I have exprienced here, Has grown. I learned of ticks. I have seen large snakes, that I would have never seen in the city. I have seen the most beautiful birds. Not just the standard Blue jays. or the robins. I have seen Goldfinches, Black-capped Chichadee's oh and the cardinals . I believe we have a nest of the pair . There has been the Eastern Bluebird and then there are the humming birds. With all of this nature. one could very well be overwhelmed with it. Yet, I do enjoy it. I have learned to get the camera, and hope its still there on the way back to it. I hope one day that I can share this with my visiting family. So, I would like for you to MEET MY STICK BUG.

No comments: